Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,359. Laughter!

Today is Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - a nice day - cool and sunny. My stats: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 51 minutes of walking = 2.8 miles for an October total of 22.7 miles. My weight was at 165.6 pounds.

My THOUGHTS today have to do with LAUGHTER. I cannot remember seeing eight people do so much laughing in a three day time span as I did on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Lanesboro and Decorah. As a result I did some research on LAUGHTER. I got my words of wisdom about laughter from my book entitled, "If Ignorance Is Bliss, Why Aren't There More Happy People. Smart Quotes for Dumb Times."

Max Beerbohm said: "Nobody ever died from laughter."
Mark Twain said: "The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter."
Victor Borge said: "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people."
Margaret Mead said: "Laughter is man's most distinctive emotional expression. Man shares the capacity for love and hate, anger and fear, loyalty and grief, with other living creatures. But humor, which has an intellectual as well as an emotional element, belongs to man."
Micheal Pritchard said: "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

Pete Bungum said: "If four Luther grads and their wives are together any length of time, and do not laugh, something has gone wrong."

FINAL WORDS ABOUT THE REUNION: My hope is that this gathering will not be our last. We're not exactly spring chickens - our ages range from 70 to 74. Our 55th reunion in five years will put us  at 75 to 79. I want to think positive so I will: Being the eight of us we're the youngest looking and most vibrant people at the reunion I'm sure we'll all make it in 2017.




No comments:

Post a Comment