Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,360 V.P. Debate.

Today is Thursday, October 11, 2012 - a beautiful fall day. My stats: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 72 minutes of walking= 4.0 miles for an October total of 26.7 miles. My weight was 164.8 pounds (I'm trying to get down to 163 before Saturday because I always gain 3-4 pounds when the Hawks are playing - we play at Michigan State on Saturday.)

QUOTE from Winston Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those other forms which have been tried from time to time."

My THOUGHTS today: Looking forward to Brad's arrival tonight from Denmark. We have to pick him up at 5 PM at the Cedar Rapids airport. We'll golf tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Saturday we'll watch the Iowa-Michigan State game at Fawn Creek Country Club - maybe more golf on Sunday. On Monday he flies to San Francisco for his corporate meetings. Then back home on Friday and on Saturday we'll be going to the Iowa-Penn State game in Iowa City.

Today I walked for 72 minutes for a total of 4.0 miles. When I turned 62 I decided that every year on my birthday I would walk as many minutes as my age.  My birthday isn't until November 20 but it was such a great day to walk I decided to do it today instead of on my birthday - mission accomplished but it was five weeks early this year. I wonder how many years I can accomplish this on my birthday. So far, so good - I've done it now for eleven years. I wrote in my autobiography that when my days are up on this earth I would like to die of a heart attack while walking on my 96th birthday.

And the big news today is the Vice-presidential debate tonight between VP Biden and Paul Ryan. I have a feeling it is going to be an exciting one. I will comment tomorrow.

HUMOR for today: This QUOTE from H.L Menchen made me chuckle. "Under democracy, one party always  devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right."





No comments:

Post a Comment