Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pete's BLOG - Day 26,367. Presidential humor.

Today is Thursday, October 18, 2012 - a very cool and rainy day. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of exercise on the ball and 39 minutes of walking = 2.1 miles for an October total of 39 miles. My weight was 164.4 pounds.

QUOTE from Reminisce magazine. "Attitudes are worth catching. Is yours worth catching?"

It's all HUMOR today. I found these goodies in the November issue of Reader's Digest. These were all uttered by former presidents.

Lyndon Johnson: "If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: President Can't Swim."

Barack Obama: "There are few things in life harder to find and more important to keep than love. Well, love and a birth certificate."

Jimmy Carter: "My esteem in this country has gone up substantially. It is very nice now that when people wave at me, they use all their fingers."

Bill Clinton: "I don't know whether it's the finest public housing in America or the crown jewel of the American penal system."

George W. Bush: "These stories about my intellectual capacity really get under my skin. You know, for a while I even thought my staff believed it. There on my schedule - first thing every morning - it said Intelligence Briefing.

Teddy Roosevelt: "When they call the roll in the Senate, the senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment