Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,373. I feel good.

Today is Wednesday, Ocotber 24, 2012 - it is an unbelievable day - setting record temps of 80 degrees. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of weight lifting and 50 minutes of walking = 2. 8 miles for an October total of 51 miles. My weight was 164.4 pounds.

QUOTE from Eckhart Tolle in Guidepost Magazine: "Accept-then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. This will miraculously transform your whole life."

My THOUGHTS  today. My thought right now at 2:30 PM is that I feel good. I feel good because I accepted the day as if I had chosen it and I would work with it and not against it and then I acted. What I did was get my big clippers out of the shed and cut down or timmed the nearly 50 flowers we have planted on the east and south sides of the house. I then hauled them to the city yard waste disposal site. So I feel good for accepting the present and then acting.

HUMOR for today: Nixon was out walking along the beach at San Clemente and decided to go for a swim. He got out beyond the waves and suddenly began drowning. Three teenage boys saw Nixon is trouble so they rescued him, Nixon was so appreciative that he told the boys "I'd be willing to use my influence to help boys in any way I could. Is there anything special you want."
The first boy said "I'd like to go to West Point."  Nixon said "I can handle that."
The second boy said "I'd like to go to Annapolis."  Nixon said "I'll see to it immediately."
The third boy said "I'd liike to be buried in Arlington Cemetery." Niuxon said "That's a very strange request. Why would you want to be buried in Arlington?"
"Well," said the third guy, "when I get home and tell my father who I saved from drowning, he's gonna kill me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment