Friday, October 12, 2012

Pete's BLOG - Day 26,361. VP Debate

Today is Friday, October 12, 2012 - a cold fall day in the 50s. My stats: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 41 minutes of walking = 2.1 miles for an October total of 28.9 miles. My weight was 164.6 pounds.

QUOTE from Joseph Joubert: "The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress."

My THOUGHTS today. The VP debate last night between Vice-President Biden and challenger Paul Ryan was pretty much a toss-up. I would say neither scored a significant victory and neither one hurt his cause. Their were no major gaffes by either. Overall, most Democrats feel better on how Biden did compared to Obama's performance last week. And the Republicans have no reason to feel that Ryan hurt their cause. So it's a TOSS-UP. The quote above would be nice if it would ever happen. I don't think there was much progress last night.

In the Major League Play-offs I was happy that Baltimore and Washington won and forced the fifth and deciding game tonight. I would love to see these two teams in the World Series.

HUMOR for today: I read PICKLES every day in the comics. It is about two Senior Citizens by the name of  Earl and Opal. Today Earl is walking with Nelson, his five-year-old grandson.

Nelson" "Grandpa, do you and Gramma ever argue."

Grandpa Earl: "Argue? No, I can't say that we do. We disagree sometimes, though, and then she explains to me why she's right and I'm wrong. You might say we have one of those marriages where one person is always right and the other person is me."
                       


No comments:

Post a Comment