Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,372. The last debate.

Today is Tuesday, October 23, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the esercise ball and 40 minutes of walking = 2.2 miles for an October total of 48.2 miles. My weight was 165.4 pounds.
QUOTE from Kristen Bell: "Laughing is so good for you. It legitimately burns calories and just makes you happier on a daily basis."
My THOUGHTS today. The third and final debate was last night in Boca Rotan, Florida - the topic was foreign policy. Obama definitely won the debate but the thing that sticks out in my mind is how Romney can flip-flop on about every position he has taken thus far in the campaign. He agreed with Obama on most of the positions Obama has taken on foreign affairs. So the question on my mind is if Romney and the Republicans take control of Congress which Romney will we see once he is in power. Will it be the Romney of last night or the Romney we've seen in the last year. The other thing is 17 of his 24 advisors are from the Bush-Cheney team and look at what  they did to the world and the lack of prestige the U.S. experienced in the world as a result. Romney scares me because he has no understanding of the world and his Bush-Cheney advisors are worse yet. We don't need "comboy diplomacy" anymore. I can  forsee another war in the Middle East. But you can bet that if we do that none of the sons or daughters of the decision makers (Romney and advisors) will be fighting and losing their life or limbs.
HUMOR for today. I need something to laugh at after writing the above. This is a true story.
I (a lady) was at the golf store comparing different kinds of golf balls. I was unhappy with the women's type I had been using. After browsing for several minutes, I was approached by one of the good-looking gentlemen who worked at the store. He asked if he could help me, without thinking, I looked at him and said, "I think I like playing with men's balls." I was so embarassed that I left immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment