Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pete's BLOG - Day 26,369. Wonderful Hawkeye Saturdays.

Today is Saturday, October 20, 2012. my stats today: 10 minutes of yoga and 52 minutes of walking = 2.8 miles for an October total of 44.0 miles. My weight was 164.8 pounds.

QUOTE from Ray Bradbury: "We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out."

MY THOUGHTS  today: Today is a Saturday in October. As I look back on my life I realize that  Saturdays in the fall have been my favorite days of the year. As a kid I remember listening (from about 1952 to 1962) to the Minnesota Gophers play football on WCCO radio from Minneapolis-St. Paul. As an adult I came to be a Hawkeye fan and have listened to and watched Hawkeye football games every Saturday since 1962. Brad and Carron have great memories of Hawkeye Saturdays while growing up on Garnavillo Street in Anamosa. Another thing about fall Saturdays is the weather is usually just right - not to hot or to cold - perfect for the game of football.

Brad and I are leaving for the 7 PM Hawk-Penn State game this afternoon. We love to tailgate. It is Bloody Mary time when we tailgate - they are so good. We buy our tickets from scalpers.

Ruth Ann is predicting a Hawkeye victory - but Brad and I are not so sure.

GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment