Friday, November 15, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26, 648. Gift @10


Today is Friday, November 15. 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga. 10 minutes of lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a November total of 31.2 miles. My weight was 165.2 pounds.

QUOTE today from Anne Frank: "No one has ever become poor by giving."

My THOUGHTS are on Gift #10. When deciding what to give today I thought of Galen Harms. Galen was the janitor at the middle school for around 25 years when I was teaching - he became a good friend.  Anyway, Galen was diagnosed with cancer 4-5 months ago - the doctors told him he would be dead in eight weeks unless they started treatments right away. He has been taking chemo and radiation since that time. For my gift today I decided to call him and see how he was doing. I wanted to brighten his day and let him know I hadn't forgotten about him. He said he was doing fine - the doctors had told him they could no longer see any tumors in his lungs or any other place in his body. He goes back in January for another check-up. I told him I was so happy to hear the good news and I wanted to come up and see him this morning. He said he and wife Judy were going to Cedar Rapids today but how about getting together next week. So next week I'm going to see Galen and Judy and bring them several Busch Lights so we can celebrate the good news together.

No comments:

Post a Comment