Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,652. Gift #14: A phone call to help a 94-year-lady.

Today is Tuesday. November 19, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a November total of 38.7 miles. My weight today was 164.4 pounds. After two months I finally have shed 6-7 pounds and am below 165 for the first time since August 31.

QUOTE today from Marc Chernoff: "It doesn't really matter if your glass is half full or half empty. Be grateful that you have a glass and there's something in it."

My THOUGHT today is on Gift #14. About 2:30 yesterday afternoon the phone rang. Calling was a 94-year-old lady from Denver, CO. Her name is Lenore and she used to live in Anamosa and was a friend of ours from church.  Lenore called to see if I could get a hold of one of her old Anamosa friends  (Dorothy) now living in Cedar Rapids. Lenore said she had tried to call her many times and could never get an answer and was worried that something had happened to Dorothy. So I asked her for the phone number and told her I'd try to make connect and deliver the message to Dorothy that she had better call Lenore and let her know that she was okay.
I called Dorothy and got through right away. I told her the story about Lenore calling and being worried about her. She said she would call Lenore right away.
A half hour later the phone rings again and it is Lenore. She had just talked to Dorothy and was calling me back to thank me for contacting Dorothy. She was so grateful I had done that.
So gift #14 was the phone call to Dorothy which sure brightened Lenore's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment