Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,646. More on 29 gifts in 29 days.

Today is Wednesday, November 13, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for A November total of 26.2 miles. My weight was 166.0 pounds.

QUOTE for today id from actress Helen Mirren: "It has nothing to do with clothing or makeup. Just put your shoulders back and your chin up, and face the world with pride."

My THOUGHTS today are to conclude the story of Cami Walker and the 29 gifts in 29 days. Did the 29 day giving challenge change Cami's health situation with MS?
Here are Cami's words.
I wish I could say that giving 29 gifts cured my MS, but that would not be true. I still live with a lot of the effects of this disease, but the difference is that I cope a lot better. HOW?
- I only take two prescription pills a day.
- I still inject myself daily with a drug that slows the progression of MS - the doctors say it is working because the MRI scan shows no new progression.
- Chronic pain is still a part of my life.
- I'm able to work about two hours a day on my consulting business.
- Most days, I can walk on my own - no cane is needed.
- Mark (her husband) and I are getting along better than ever. We have no children but are looking into becoming foster parents.
- I'm writing every day. In fact, I wrote this book.
- I learned from my minister the following formula for an abundant life.
   GOD CONSCIOUNESS + GIVING + GRATITUDE = ABUNDANCE
- As a result of learning the formula - Cami says, "I now start each day with prayer and meditation, I give at least one gift to another person whose path I'm blessed to cross. And I say thank you and express my gratitude as many times as I can."

I'm grateful I saw Cami being interviewed in 2009. Every morning I read my gratitude entry for that day in my Gratitude Journal that I wrote in 2009. That entry was #301 for October 28, 2009. When I read that entry on Oct. 28 I decided to order the book through Amazon. I wrote at the time that I was going to try the 29 gifts in 29days. Well, to be honest I never did. But now that I've read the book I'm going to give it a try - it has been a real inspiration to me. I've already started giving and being grateful that I'm able to give. So far, I've given eight gifts that I wouldn't have done if I hadn't read the book. I record what I give each day. My gift today was buying $15.00 of non-perishable food and gifting it to HACAP.  (HACAP stands for Hawkeye Area Community Action Program which provides food and other household items to needy families.)

If any readers want to learn more about 29 gifts in 29 days go to this website:

www.29Gifts.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment