Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,650. Gift #12.

Today is Sunday, November 17, 2013. No stats today - my day of rest. My total miles for November are still at 33.7 miles. My weight was 166.4 pounds.

QUOTE for today from John Bunyan: "You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

My THOUGHT today is on Gift #12. My gift today was at coffee hour which we have after the 8 AM service. At coffee I have gotten to be good friends with Darvin Harderson, who is 93 years old. We always sit together at the first table. He uses a walker so I remove the folding chair so he can scoot up and sit in his walker. This morning I decided for my gift today I would buy Darvin's coffee - the cost is only $1.00 so it is no big deal. But the point of buying the coffee is that I wanted to give a gift today regardless of how small. It is the thought that counts. If I hadn't read the book 29 Gifts in 29 Days I probably wouldn't have done it. It has really gotten me inspired.

Darvin has an 88-year-old girlfriend named Betty. She does the driving and they go out to eat several times a week. My friend Paul Lewison and I give Darvin a lot of ribbing about his love life. He loves it and all three of us have a lot of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment