Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,660. Gift #22: To myself - i described gifts 1 to 8.

Gift #22 is to myself again - I'm going to bring my BLOG up-to-date. I'm doing this on Wednesday, November 27, 2013.

I didn't start BLOGGING about my "22 gifts in 29 days" until gift #9. So my gift today is to myself - it will make me feel better by posting the first 8 gifts so my readers will have all 29 of them.

Gift #1 was on October 30, 2013 My gift that day was to forward an email video to my siblings and friends - I had gotten this video from Brad. The video was about an eighth grade football team in Michigan who let one of their lesser developed teammates score a touchdown. He was mentally challenged and physically smaller than his teammates.. It was an amazing story and it brightened my day so I thought I would brighten the day of my siblings and friends also.

Gift #2 was on October 31, 2013. I visited Esther - my 88 year-year-old lady friend. She lives in the mobile home court - and has been a widow for at least 30 years. She is a remarkable woman, always in good spirits and one of the most loving and sincere people I have ever known. I visit her every couple of months. She appreciates me stopping in to see her - she says I always brighten her day - and she brightens mine.

Gift #3 was on November 6, 2013.  The gift was a $15.00 donation to the Salvation Army . They are one of the best run charity organizations in the U.S. They do so much good in this world.

Gift #4 was on November 7, 2013. Brother John and wife Lorna had hosted a family get-together in St. Peter, MN the weekend before.. The gathering was to watch great- nephew Josh Bungum play football for St. John's College against Gustavus  Adolphus College. Even though I had THANKED them profusely when we left I felt it appropriate to say THANK YOU again - so I sent an email thanking them again for their great hospitality and food. This expression of gratitude was my gift for the day.

Gift #5 was on November 10, 2013. This might not exactly qualify as a gift but it is to me. Ruth Ann and I made 53 lefse and 40 krumkakke. My gift to the whole affair  was contributing my expertise at being the perfect lefse flipper and my expertise at getting sugar on the krumkakke and stacking them in perfect piles of four. The lefse would never have the right number of brown spots on it unless I had  done the flipping.

Gift #6 was on November 10, 2013 - it was to give an extra $5.00 to my church. Every month our regular gift is automatically taken out of our bank account. As I sat in the pew that Sunday I was thinking that my gift today would be an extra $5.00 to be given anonymously. That's is exactly what I did - I dug into my pocket, pulled out a five dollar bill and put in the envelope with no name on it.

Gift #7 was on November 11, 2013 - it was to the server at the Hale Supper Club in Hale, Iowa. Ruth Ann and I go to the hale Supper Club once a week for Happy Hour - we have a couple of beers each and go home. Terry always waits on us and pours our beers and I always give her a dollar tip. My gift that day was to triple her tip to $3.00. She got a big smile on her face and gave us a big "Thank You very much." I brightened her day a little bit.

Gift #8 was on November 13, 2013 - it was a gift to HACAP - which provides free food for the hungry and needy in Jones County. On Sunday our church bulletin had an announcement that HACAP was running low on food and needed to be replenished, I went to Walmart and bought $15.00 worth of non-perishable food items like canned vegetables and fruit, Hamburger Helper and macaroni and cheese. I delivered them and got a nice expression of gratitude from the administrator. It made me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment