Monday, November 18, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,651. Gift #13. Donation to FEEDING AMERICA

Today is Monday, November 18, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a November total of 36.2 miles.  My weight was 166.0 pounds.

QYOTE for today is from Diane Sawyer:  "Whenever you are blue or stricken by some humiliating thing you did, the cure and the hope is in caring about other people."

My THOUGHT today is Gift #13. My gift today is to send a $15.00 donation to an organization called Feeding America. The purpose of FEEDING AMERICA is to provide much needed food for America's food deprived adults and kids. My $15.00 will be matched so it amounts to $30.00. According to their literature it will help secure and distribute $570.00 worth of food. I have contributed to this organization for the last five years. Another THOUGHT I have today is why do we need organizations like this in America - we are the richest nation in the world and we can't even feed our own people.

No comments:

Post a Comment