Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,646. An explanation of gift giving.

Today is Thursday, November 14, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a November total of 28.7 miles. My weight was 165.6 pounds.

QUOTE for today from author Steve Maraboli: "Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them."

My THOUGHTS today. The "29 gifts in 29 days" book explained that every gift does not have to be a material thing - your gift each day can be anything you mindfully offer to another person. That can be anything from: kind words, compliments, to calling some one on the phone, to visiting someone, to writing a note or letter, to just brightening someone's day in some manner. It is simply "using your time" to make someone feel good. I like those ideas and I will use a lot of them as I go through my 29 days, including today.

Today is Day 9 f my 29 days. When I took my walk this morning from 7:15 to 8 AM I ran into a seventh grader who was walking to the bus. He was wearing a cowboy hat. It looked so good on him so I stopped him and said, "I really like your hat,  it looks so good on you." He looked at me with a big smile on his face and said, "Thank you so much." I made that kid feel good - it was a "day brightener" for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment