Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,659. Gifts 19, 20 and 21

Today is Tuesday, November 26, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a November total of 49.6 miles. My weight was 166.2 pounds.

I'm going to get caught up this morning. Brad and Alexandra came Friday night from Denmark. Saturday we went to the Hawk-Michigan game and froze our butts off but it was worth it when we made a second half comeback and won 24-21. Sunday Alex's friend's from her 2008-09 yearlong stay in Anamosa had a surprise party for her at a local restaurant from 4-8 pm. She was really surprised and had a lot of fun renewing old friendships. Monday, our other granddaughter Ellyn and friend Nate came for brunch and we visited until 3:30. So I haven't had a lot of time until now. I'm going to  report on how my 29 gifts in 29 Days Challenge is progressing. Here I go.

Gift #19 would be for Sunday, November 24.  #19 is a gift I'm giving myself. One day I heard I Hoda mention on the TODAY SHOW that every morning she read a chapter out of a book called God Never Blinks: 50 lessons for Life's Little Detours - by Regina Brett. She mentioned it was such an inspirational book. So I went and ordered it from Barnes and Noble. Thanks to Hoda, what a great gift I have given myself - it is truly a wonderful inspiring book. It is divided into 50 chapters - here are three examples: Lesson 3 is LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE TIME HATING ANYONE and Lesson 4 is DON'T TAKE YOURSELF SO SERIOUSLY. NO ONE ELSE DOES and Lesson 50 is LIFE ISN'T TIED WITH A BOW, BUT IT'S STILL A GIFT.

I would highly recommend this book.

Gift #20 is for Monday, November 25, 2013. Monday morning my sister Janice called from her winter home in Mesa, Arizona. She said  I have to ask you for a favor. My friend down here read your Gratitude Journal a year ago and was so impressed by it that she wants a copy to use for a Bible Study she is leading at her church. The Bible Study topic is on GRATITUDE and she wants to use my book for kind of a textbook or reference. Janice said she forgot her copy at home in Bloomington so she couldn't help her friend out. I told Jan I would put a couple of copies in the mail today and they would be there in a few days.
Later in the day Jan sent an email and said she would pay the postage. I told her what I was doing with the "29 gift challenge" and I didn't want any money. The books and the postage would be my 20th gift - SO NO MONEY AND TELLYOUR FRIEND SHE MAY KEEP THE BOOK - THIS IS A GIFT FROM YOUR BROTHER PETE AND HE IS GRATEFUL AND FLATTERED THAT SHE FOUND IT INSPIRING.

Gift #21 is for Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - it is another flower for Ruth Ann. When done walking inside Walmart at 7:00 this morning I saw poinsettia plants for sale. I know Ruth Ann likes flowers and always wants a poinsettia for the Christmas season. I have done this before but decided I would do it again and make my 21st gift a poinsettia for Ruth Ann for the Christmas season. She was surprised and grateful when I had it sitting on the kitchen table when she arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment