Friday, November 22, 2013

Pete's bLOG: Day 26,655. Gift #17: A $ contribution to the SPLC

Today is Friday, November 22, 2013. My stats today: 19 minutes of walking = 1.0 mile for a November total of 45.6 miles. My weight was 166.4 pounds.

QUOTE from Donna Chnupa: "Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place."

My THOUGHT today is about Gift # 17 in my journey to give 29 Gifts in 29 Days.
Gift 17 was an easy one. Every year I contribute to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) located in Montgomery, Alabama. The SPLC mission is to monitor and prosecute when necessary the right-wing groups or individuals promoting racism and   hatred against Latinos, blacks, immigrants, etc. There are over a 1,000 hate groups in the country. My $10.00 contribution to SPLC is Gift #17. It will be doubled by some wealthy donor so my contribution is worth $20.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment