Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,653. Gift # 15. To myself - 73 mintes of exercise.

Today is Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - my 73rd birthday. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 53 minutes of walking = 2.9 miles for a November total of 41.6 miles. My weight was 166.2 pounds.

QUOTE for today: "No one ever admits they're wrong half as loudly as they claim they're right."

My THOUGHT today is on Gift #15. Today is my 73rd birthday  - so my THOUGHT today is on the number 73  - for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that I'm 73 years old today. The second reason is I wanted to see if I could exercise for 73 minutes. Ten years ago I started this birthday ritual of exercising the same number of minutes as my age. I'm happy to say I've achieved that every year. I usually go 55-65 minutes but today I made it to 73. Next year the challenge will be 74 minutes. I'm hoping I can continue this ritual for quite a few more years.

So  gift #15 today was to myself. It was not only a physical gift but a mental gift - I met the challenge of 73 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment