Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,066 in my journey through life.

Today is Tuesday, May 8, 2012 - a beautiful sunny day in the 70s. I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."

Today I walked for 36 minutes outside the Walmart store = 2.0 miles for a May total of 18 miles. My weight was at 163 pounds.

Yesterday afternoon I played 9 holes of golf with my 80-year-old golfing buddy Paul Lewison. I hit some of my best shots in a couple of years. I had been practicing in the back yard trying a slower and more complete backswing. I tried it yesterday and it worked most (but not all) of the time. As long as I went slow, extended my backswing and kept my head down my drives and fairway wood shots were the best I've had for a long time. They didn't work when I failed to keep my head down for the complete swing - I have a tendency to lift my head and I've got to work on that.  I need to play more often to get more consistent.

I'm taking Ruth Ann to her eye doctor this afternoon so she can a a visual fields test and a check-up on the cataract in her left eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment