Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,107 in my journey through life.

Today is Saturday, May 12, 2012 - another beautiful May day, sunny and in the 70s this afternoon - we're going to plant our vegetable garden today. I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."

Today I did yoga, the exercise ball and walked 54 minutes = 3.0 miles for a May total of 29.3 miles. My weight was at 163.4 pounds.

WOULD YOU BELIEVE THIS? I read this in the May, 2012, issue of the Reader's DIgest.

The article was entitled  "The Poor Rich." It was in the section called OUTRAGEOUS NOTIONS.
"People who don't have money don't understand the stress on the wealthy," said Alan Dlugash, a financial planner. "Could you imagine what it's like to say, I got three kids in private school - I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?"

Andrew Schiff, a communications and marketing director, doesn't have an answer. Schiff survives on a $350,000 salary and made this comment; "The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach....I don't have a dishwasher. We do all our dishes by hand."

(Isn't this sad? The poor guy makes $350,000 a year and can't afford a dishwater. It almost makes me cry, I just  feel so bad for him. I really feel he needs another tax cut!!!!!! I have a feeling he'll be voting for Mitt Romney.)

Doesn't stuff like this make it easier to understand why we're seeing "occupy Wall Street" and "occupy Oakland" and occupy other cities? It sure does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment