Friday, May 18, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,113 in my journey through life.

Today is Friday, May 18, 2012 - and another nice sunny day but the fsarmers tell me they need rain. Most of them have their crops planted but to get off to a good start they need RAIN. I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."

This morning I did yoga, lifted weights and walked 36 minutes = 2.0 miles for a May total of 43.8 miles. And my weight went down to 160.4 pounds - I haven't been at that weight since the summer of 2003. From January to July of  2003  I lost 36 pounds - going from 195 to 159. My doctor told me not to lose too much so I put 4-5 pounds back on and have been around 165 pounds since that time. So I've lost 9 pounds since returning from San Francisco in March. I do feel good at 160.

KARL ROVE AND DEE DEE MYERS. Last night we went with Paul and Verna Lewison to Cornell College in Mt. Vernon, Iowa, to listen to a discussion between two opposites; Karl from the right and Dee Dee Myers from the left. Karl is everything I have always thought about him, he is very intelligent but a smart-ass with a big mouth. He has an amazing ability to only use the facts that suit his point of view. I thought Dee Dee could have nailed him several times with some of his answers but she was the more civil of the two. She is also very intelligent and a good speaker with reasoned answers and not nearly as brazen as Karl.  Some things I wish they would have talked about was George W. Bush's legacy and the new voter ID laws. But neither was even mentioned. But Karl sure had a lot to say about Obama and it was not positive. The moderator was a Cornell College political science professor - he did a good job.. Anyway, it was a fun night and an educational one.

No comments:

Post a Comment