Friday, May 11, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,106 in my journey through life.

Today is Friday, May 11, 2012 - a cool sunny morning but afternoon temps get into the 70s. I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."

Today I did yoga, lifted weights and walked 36 minutes = 2.0 miles for a May total of 26.3 miles. My weight was at 163.8 pounds.

I NEED TO MAKE A CORRECTION.
Yesterday I refigured how many days I've lived on this planet. This time I came up with 26,105 days instead of  26,068.  I don't know how I got off by 37 days the first time I figured it but somehow I did. I refigured it three times and came up with 26,105 days all three times.  So I will be using the new number from now on, starting today.

WHAT HAPPENED ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY? I've always been interested in history - I like to know the who, what, when, where, why and how of people and things - it helps me understand why the world is the way it is in 2012. So here are some memorable events that happened on May 11.
1. In 1858 my home state of Minnesota became the 37th state of the Union.
2. In 1927 The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was founded during a banquet at the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles - this is where we get the OSCARS.
3.In 1937 "SPAM" was registered as a trademark by Hormel Foods (of Austin, Minnesota), producer of the canned meat product.
4.In 1950 President Harry S. Truman formally dedicated the Grand Coulee Dam in Washington state.
5.In 1981 legendary reggae artist Bob Marley died in a Miami hospital at age 36. (I don't know the cause).
6.In 1996 an Atlanta bound ValuJet DC-9 caught fire shortly after takeoff from Miami and crashed into the Florida Everglades, killing all 110 people on board. (I remember that and remember thinking how horrible it must have been for the passengers as the plane caught fire and dove downward.)

No comments:

Post a Comment