Monday, April 9, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day #26,041 in my journey through life.

It is Monday, April 9, 2012 and it is windy and chilly.

I did my yoga, lifted weights and walked 54 minutes = 3.0 miles for an April total of 19 miles. My weight stayed at 165.8 pounds.

And I'm grateful that I'm HIV for another day.

Mom and I cleaned house today including vacuuming, dusting, the bathrooms, mirrors, kitchen, and the wood floor in the kitchen - it was an A+ cleaning.

The best news of the day is that Carron got a job at Tapken's Convienence in Anamosa. Her friend Dave started work at the Family Foods grocery store in Anamosa a month ago. So they should be able to make ends meet with some left over for fun.

Q. DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ON THIS DATE IN 1865?
A. General Lee surrendered to General Grant at Appomattox Court House in Virginia.

Q. DO YOU KNOW WHAT BLACK LADY GOT TO PERFORM A CONCERT (ON THIS DATE) AT THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL IN D.C., AFTER BEING DENIED THE USE OF CONSTITUTION HALL BY THE DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION?
A. Her name was Mirian Anderson and Eleanor Roosevelt came to her aid when the Daughters of the American Revolution refused her.

No comments:

Post a Comment