Friday, April 20, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day #26,052 in my journey through life.

Today is Friday, April 20, 2012 - it is not raining but will be a cool day with a high of 53 degrees - no golf today.

This morning I did yoga, lifted weights and walked 45 minutes = 2.5 miles for an April total of 47.4 miles. It was hard walking this morning as the wind was blowing around 20-25 mph. I weighed 163.4 pounds - a loss of 8/10 of a pound.

MY THOUGHTS TODAY:

I feel much better today compared to the last two days. I slept better and have more energy. I really had to push myself the last two days to get my exercise routine done.

Two very ugly and sad things happened on April 20.

First, on this day in 1889 Adolf Hitler was born at Branau an Inn, Austria. He was to become the dictator of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and would be responsible for over 50 million deaths.

Second, on April 20, 1999, The Columbine High School massacre took place in Colorado as two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, shot and killed 12 classmates and one teacher before taking their own lives.

I read once that there was a connection between the two - Harris and Klebold picked April 20 as the massacre day because it was Adolf Hitler's birthday. Can you imagine anyone having a hero like Adolf Hitler?????

The good news today is that I'm still HIV - which means "I'm healthy and I'm vertical."

No comments:

Post a Comment