Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day #26,056 in my journey through life.

Today is Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - another nice day and a special in the life of Ruth Ann and Pete. I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."

This morning I did yoga, the exercise ball and walked 50 minutes = 2.7 miles for an April total of  56.9 miles. My weight went up to 165 pounds.

The Cubs beat the Cardinals yesterday by a score of 3-2 with a two run single in the bottom of the 9th. There were two outs and a guy named Mather, a former Cardinal, got the winning hit. There record  now is 5-13.

Today is a special day for us as 49 years ago at this time in the morning (9:30) RuthAnn was in the Anamosa hospital with labor pains, Twelve hours later she gave birth to a baby girl with a head covered with black hair. The black hair was a surprise because at that time I had red hair and Ruth Ann had blond-brown hair. The black hair must have come from my side of the family as I have 3 siblings with black hair. Ruth Ann was age 23 and I was 22  We named her Carron Sue because I had a sister, named Karen,  who died in 1944 in her first day of life from a heart condition. Carron sounded a lot like Karen so we thought it would be nice to have another Karen/Carron Bungum.

Anyway, Carron is 49 years old today. She has to work until six tonight so we are going over to her place this morning to bring her a birthday meal of ribs, party potatoes, salad and some pineapple cake for dessert. She will have to warm it up tonight. We will also have a card with some $ in it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRON.

No comments:

Post a Comment