Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day #26,043 in my journey through life.

It is Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - another chilly day - it was 26 degress when I went walking at 7:30 this morning.

I did my yoga, lifted weights and walked 50 minutes = 2.7 miles for an April total of 24.7 miles. My weight was 165.4 pounds. And I'm grateful that I'm HIV (Healthy and I'm Vertical) for another day.

Mentally, I feel real good today. Yesterday, I got my annual financial report from IPERS (Iowa Public Employees Retirement System) and it was good news. When the financial crisis hit in 2008-2009 IPERS took over a 4 billion dollar hit in its total assets. I was worried that it could go under and we'd lose some or all of our monthly IPERS income. It has steadily recovered and we have been assured that we will receive our guaranteed benefits, with no deductions, for the rest of our living days. This is a good feeling as both Ruth Ann and I get IPERS checks every month and they amount to about 60% of our monthly income. It is one less worry for us as the days, weeks, months, and years pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment