Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day #26,042 in my journey through life.

It is Tuesday, April 10, 2012 and the wind is blowing 15-30 mph.
I did mow the lawn today with my Hawkeye scarve, my Hawkeye sweatshirt, and a jacket - that's how cold it was.

I did my yoga, the exercise ball, and walked 54 minutes = 3.0 miles for an April total of 22 miles. My weight continued at 165.8 pounds.

As usual, I'm grateful I'm HIV for another day.

I REMEMBER April 10, 1973 - it was THE STORM OF THE CENTURY for an April. Ruth Ann and I and the kids were in Cedar Rapids with Bob and Grace Story and their two kids at a grocery store when we decided we better get back to Anamosa. It was starting to rain and it was getting colder by the minute. By the time we got home it had turned to a heavy snow and the wind was howling. By Monday morning we had 15-20 inches of snow, drifts 8-10 feet high, and cars were buried. Needless to say we didn't have school, in fact, we didn't have school until Thursday. It was one of those storms you never forget - you don't forget where you were when it started and you don't forget how much work you missed. The kids loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment