Friday, November 2, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,282

Today is Friday, November 2, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 64 minutes of walking = 3.5 miles for a November total of 6.1 miles. My weight went to 162.6 pounds.
QUOTE from the "Happy Hour" exhibit at the Institute of Comtemporary Art, Philadelphia. "Every exit is a start."
My THOUGHTS today. November 2nd is a special day in our family. Brad was born 51 years ago today in Decorah, Iowa. I was a senior at Luther College and Ruth Ann  was working in the Treasurer's Office at the college. It was a memorable day in another way as six hours after Brad was born the gymnasium at the college burned to the ground. It is mind-boggling how fast these 51 years have gone - it seems like only yesterday that he was in high school.  Brad has done well in his life. He lives in Taulov, Denmark with wife Lene, and kids Alexandra, Mads, and Mathilda. He is employed by Aperican Global, a San Francisco based global consulting firm. He is in charge of their operations in Europe and Asia.
HUMOR for today: I love to study political history. One of my favorite stories is from the 1948 campaign between Harry Truman and Thomas Dewey.
One time a guy yelled at Truman as he was giving a speech. The guy said "Give 'em hell, Harry. Truman replied: "Well, I never give anybody hell - I just tell Republicans the truth and they think it's hell."

No comments:

Post a Comment