Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,287. Obama Wins

Today is Wednesday, November 7, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of weight lifting and 37 minutes of walking = 2.0 miles for a November total of 18.1 miles. My weight was 163.4 pounds.

QUOTE from 90-year-old Iris Apfel: "It you're lucky enough to get old, I think you should celebrate it." (I agree)

My THOUGHTS  today. Thank God the election is over and Obama won. I'm happy but I don't relish his job in the coming weeks because the Republicans kept control of the House of Representatives. There are going to have be some big decisions made in regard to taxes, debt, jobs, etc. And compromise is going to be needed. Unfortunately, compromise to the Tea Party Republicans is that you must agree 100% with their ideas. We just have to HOPE that something can be worked out for the good of the country.

The bad news is that Nate Willems, my former student, lost his race for the state senate. What a bummer. He lost to a farmer named Dan Zumbach. I have a feeling Nate is not done with politics as he has already spent three terms in the Iowa House and is only 32 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment