Monday, November 5, 2012

Pete's BLOG-DAys 26,284-85. I did my duty.

Today is Sunday, November 4, 2012. I did my duty today as an engaged American. I had volunteered to work for President Obama's re-election. So today I knocked on the doors of over 70 homes in the mobile home park plus 25 more homes, apartments and a Senior Center (on a neighboring street) handing out reminders to people to vote and to tell them that our polling location had changed from the Masonic Lodge to the city library. I also encouraged them to vote for President Obama. The results were about 90% positive. Only 3 refused to talk and then shut the door in my face. The kinder ones that were definitely for Romney usually didn't say anything and just kind of smiled and said they were going to vote - but there only about 5 of them.  Six weeks ago I was given a computer list of all the Democrats in the mobile home court. I did get 22 people to sign up for absentee voting. Plus on 3 other days I handed out flyers for Nate Willems. Nate is a former student who is running for state senate. I feel good when I participate in the democratic process.

Today is Monday, November 5, 2012. I finished my campaigning for Obama this morning. I went to a nursing home to talk to a few more but two of them had been shipped out of town to other nursing homes and the third one was in hospice. Not any help with them. I turned in my list to Democratic headquarters in downtown Anamosa. They asked me if I would make some phone calls and I said NO. I told them I had done my duty and besides people were sick of any more phone calls. Now it is just "wait and see" on what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment