Friday, November 16, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,296. Life must go on.

Today is Friday, November 16, 2012. My stats today amounted to a 37 minute walk = 2.0 miles for a November total of 34.7 miles. My weight was 164.8 pounds. (I must have been tired because I didn't wake up until 7:15 - I usually get up by 6:15.)

QUOTE from Sholem Aleichem: "No matter how bad things get - you got to go on living."

My THOUGHTS today. I found this quote in a book I own entitled, 3,500 GOOD QUOTES FOR SPEAKERS. I picked this because of a sad situation that developed in Ruth Ann's family this week. I'm not going to dwell on it other than to say it happened because of alcoholism, divorce, family estrangement and mental problems. It is truly sad. The perpetrator is looking at possible jail time for arson. Ruth Ann is constantly crying and beside herself but as the quote says "you got to go on living." When something like this happens relatives and friends always start blaming themselves by saying "Why didn't I do something before it happened." In my opinion that kind of thinking solves nothing and in this case I doubt that anybody would have been able to do anything anyway.
I always try to look at situations like this from a different angle than most people - and that angle is "I'm grateful nobody was killed, murdered or committed suicide."

Some FOOD for THOUGHT:
An African-American proverb says: "Life is short and full of blisters."

And Robert Frost said: "In three words I can sum everything I've learned about life. It goes on."

No comments:

Post a Comment