Monday, November 26, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,305 & 306. My parents told me I was a ___baby.

Yesterday was Sunday, November 25, 2012. My stats were: 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a Novewmber total of 48.5 miles. My weight was 164.6 pounds.
For brunch we had Carron and Dave, granddaughter Ellyn and friend Nate, and Dave's two kids (Dave and Melissa). Ruth Ann made her wonderful breakfast casserole of sausage, cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup, and some other ingrediants. It was so good and everybody pigged out.

Today is Monday, November 26, 2012. my stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 50 minutes of walking = 2.7 miles for a November total of 53.2 miles. My weight was 165.2 pounds (I had too much casserole).

QUOTE from Michael Dresser, columnist, Baltimore Sun: "Thanksgiving is the one occasion each year then gluttony becomes a patriotic duty."

On Saturday I said I was going to start something new - and that was to answer the  50 Thanksgiving Story Starters I found in the AARP Bulletin. So today I'll do #2.

#2: My parents told me I was a ____baby. I was # 7 kid in a family of 9. So by the time I came along in 1940 I had 6 older siblings ranging in age from 4 to 13. Actually, I don't remember much of anything Mom and Dad ever said about me in my infant years. The only comment I remember about my infancy was by sister Betty. She was 12 years old and I guess she took care of me a lot. Her comment was, "Pete, you were such a cute baby."  That's all I can write about the #2 Story Starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment