Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,300. I'm 72 today.

Today is Tuesday, November 20, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball, and 46 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a total of 40.8 miles. My weight was 164.4 pounds.

QUOTE from Conrad Adenauer: "I do not ask to be young again; all I want is to go on getting older."

My THOUGHTS today. It is my birthday #72 for me today. I like the quote - but I would like to add one more thing - my addition at the end would be "and to be healthy as I go on getting older."

I was born in a farmhouse in Dodge County, Minnesota - which is in southeast Minnesota. Thank God I wasn't born on November 11 as that was the day of one of the worst storms the Midwest ever had. Mom told me there was no way the doctor would have been able to make it to the farm if she had delivered on the 11th, 12th or 13th. Dad would have had to deliver and the results may not have been good as I was born with the cord wrapped around my neck. So I'm grateful I was born on the 20th and I'm grateful Doctor Affeldt was there to deliver me.

HUMOR for today: Whenever a man's friends begin to compliment him about looking young, he may be sure that they think he is growing old.

No comments:

Post a Comment