Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,309. I remember my siblings as being___

Today is Thursday, November 29, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 36 minutes of walking = 2.0 miles for a November total of 59.7 miles. My weight was down to 163.4 pounds.

QUOTE from Paulo Coelho, novelist: "It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path."

Today I will write on entry #5 from 50 Thanksgiving Story Starters.

#5. I remember my siblings as being___.

I had 9 siblings that reached adulthood. Sister Karen died on her first day of life in May of 1944. I had 6 older and 2 younger, including 6 brothers and 2 sisters. I was #7 kid sandwiched between brother Chuck (4 years older) and brother John (2 years younger.) So growing up I spent more time them with them than any of the others. Chuck left for the navy at the end of my 8th grade year so John ranks first as far as the sibling that I spent the most time with.
The main memory I have of my brother siblings is sports. They were always playing some kind of ball in the backyard or in school. As a youngster I watched Paul, Don, Jim and Chuck play baseball, football and basketball. They would let me join them in the backyard games. I became a catcher in baseball because Don, Jim, and Chuck were all catchers. So when I started playing organized baseball in seventh grade I just assumed I should catch because that was what the Bungum boys did.
My main memory of sister Jan is her playing the piano and always being so nice to me. She had a heart of gold and I remember her taking me to my first grade class on the first day of school in 1946. Of course, I was crying and she tried to comfort me as much as she could.
Growing up I do not have as many memories of Paul and Betty as they left home before I started school in 1946. Brother Mark was 6 years younger so not a whole lot  of memories.He was in 6th grade when I left for college.
And one more memory is the fights I had with Chuck and John. We had a lot of them and all I can say is that Thank God I could run faster than those two and that saved my butt on many occasions.
Of course, I have many memories of the family get-togethers we had as adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment