Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pete BLOG-Day 26,370. The Golden Years

Today is Tuesday, January 29, 2013. It was 56 degrees this morning when I went walking - a record in some areas of Iowa. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a January total of 60.2 miles. My weight shot up to 164.6 pounds.

QUOTE from Life's Little  Instruction Book: "Be cautious about lending money to friends. You might lose both."

My THOUGHTS today have to do with living in my Golden Years. Sister Jan sent this to us last week. There is some truth in some of the words.
I cannot see  -  I cannot pee  -  I cannot chew  -  I cannot screw.
Oh, my God, what can I do?
My memory shrinks  -  My hearing stinks  -  No sense of smell  - 
I look like hell.
My mood is bad - can you tell?
My body's drooping  -  Have trouble pooping
The Golden Years have come at last
The Golden Years can kiss my ass!!

Actually, so far, the Golden Years have been good to the two of us. The only two that I can relate to are a little diffuculty peeing and my memory has done some shrinking but the rest of them have not been a factor. Life is good so far and we're enjoying life.




No comments:

Post a Comment