Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,342 Dear Abby's Resolutions

Today is Tuesday, January 1, 2013 - New Year's Day. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a January total of 2.5 miles. My weight was 162,8 pounds.

QUOTE from Hillary Clinton: "Every moment wasted looking back keeps us from moving forward."

My THOUGHTS today: Every New Year's Day Dear Abby runs the same column - it is the often-requested list of New Year's resolutions that were adapted by her mother  from the original credo of Al-Anon. Here it is:
1. Just for today, I will live through this day only and not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow.
2. I know I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
3. Just for today, I will be happy and not dwell on negative thoughts.
4. Just for today, I will accept what is and face reality.
5. Just for today, I will improve my mind and not be a mental loafer.
6. Just for today, I wil make a conscious effort to be agreeable and be kind and courteous.
7. Just for today, I will do something positive to improve my health.
8. Just for today, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take the responsibility for my own actions.

I love this list - I've tried to follow most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment