Monday, January 7, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,348. A fun funeral.

Today is Monday, January 7, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 46 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a January total of 13.8 miles.
My weight was 163,8 pounds.

QUOTE from Larry Page, cofounder of Google: "It is often easier to make progress on mega-ambitious dreams. Since no one else is crazy enough to do it, you have little competition."

My THOUGHTS today are about a happy funeral.Thsi morning I went to a funeral at our church. Thr deceased was Bud Hahn who was 2 weeks shy of being 93 years old. Bud and Ruth Ann and I hade similar roots - we all were born and raised in southeast Minnesota. He was born on a farm near Preston in 1921 and we were raised in Chatfield, only 15 miles away.  Bud was in FDRs Civilian Conservatiion Corps and served in the Coast Guard during WWII - making several trips across the Atlantic. He was trained in elcetronics and got a job working for Collins Radio in Cedar Rapids in 1953 - and retired from there in 1983. I mention this funeral because it was a happy funeral - it was truly a celebration of Bud's life. It is the kind of funeral I want for myself and for Ruth Ann.

HUMOR for today: The houses that undertakers make last till doomsday. (by William Shakespeare.)

No comments:

Post a Comment