Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,310-11. I wish I had worked at GOOGLE

Yesterday was Friday, November 30, 2012. My stats: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 2.3 miles of walking for a November total of 62 miles.

Today is Saturday, December 1, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 40 mintes of walking = 2.2 miles for a December total of 2.2 miles. My weight was 164.2 pounds.

My inspirational QUOTE today from Steve Carell: "Nothing to me feels as good as laughing incredibly hard."

My THOUGHT today is how nice it would have been to have worked for GOOGLE. I found this in the December, 2012, Reader's Digest. For GOOGLE employees, even dying comes with perks. Under a policy put in place last year, a surviving spouse or domestic partner of a deceased GOOGLE employee will receive 50% of the employee's salary every year for a decade. In addition, the employee's children will receive $1,000 every month until they turn 19 (or until age 23, if they are full-time students). There's no tenure requirements for the benefit, so most of the company's 34,000 employees qualify. Laszia Bock, GOOGLE'S chief people officer, ominously calls the new policy GOOGLE'S "death benefits."

What a great company to do this for it's employees. Now that is called sharing the wealth.

HUMOR for today. Ad from a local gym. "If you're not satisfied with the results at our club, we'll give you your old body back."

No comments:

Post a Comment