Friday, December 7, 2012

Pete BLOG-Day 26,317. #26-35 of Thanksgiving Story Starters

Today is Friday, December 7, 2012. It is the 71st Pearl Harbor Day. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 48 minutes of walking = 2.6 miles for a December total of 14.8 miles. My weight was 164 pounds.

QUOTE from Richard Nixon: "Only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."

My THOUGHTS today are #26-35 of the 50 Thanksgiving Story Starters. #26-30 are entitled "Modern Times" and #31-40 are entitled "Believe it or Not."

MODERN TIMES #26-30.
 #26. I am happiest when___. Pete says: I'm happiest when I make other people happy.
#27. I am most at peace when___. Pete says: When I'm reading my magazines/books or watching the History Channel. Also, when I'm doing what I'm doing now - writing in my BLOG. Basically, it is when I'm learning something new.
#28. I often crave___. Pete says: My most frequent craving is for chocolate.
#29. My favorite book is___. Pete says: My alltime favorite book was THE JUNGLE written by Upton Sinclair in 1906. It was about the abuse and suffering meat packing workers endured in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The book turned me into a Democrat.
#30. My favorite movie is___. Pete says: The Sound of Music.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT #31-35.
#31. My religion is ___because___. Pete says: I'm a Lutheran because Mom and Dad were Lutheran.
#32. Politically, I consider myself a ___. Pete says: I am a Democrat. In my early 20s I was a Republican but by age 25 I became a Democrat.
#33. My beliefs once changed when___. Pete Says: When I read THE JUNGLE book in 1965. That's when I became a Democrat.
#34. My biggest hope is that___. Pete says: My biggest hope if that the ultra-conservative Tea Party members of Congress do not ruin this country.
#35. I am superstitious about___. Pete says: When the Hawkeye football team wins a game I'm superstitious enough to believe I have to wear the same clothing the next Saturday.

HUMOR today for Senior Citizens:
Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment