Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,339. New Year's Resolutions

Today is Saturday, December 29, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a December total of 55.2 miles. My weight was 164.2 pounds.

QUOTE is an Irish proverb: "May your troubles be less, your blessings more and may nothing but happiness come through your door."

My THOUGHTS today have to do with New Year's Resolutions: The New Year of 2013 begins Tuesday. I'm not a big one for New Year's Resolutions but I do have a couple of things in mind every new year. The first one is to maintain my weight between 160 and 165 pounds. If I find myself slipping over 165 I have a way of solving the problem. Instead of judging myself, I examine the setback by asking myself, ":What specifically tripped me up?" So I track back to the moments when my goal got derailed. Then I change my eating plan for the next several days. I weigh first thing every morning and can see if I'm getting back on track. If not, I will eat less that day and skip any sweets. It has worked since I lost over 30 pounds in 2003 - at that time I went from 195 to 159. That was too much as my face was caving in so I put on a couple of pounds and decided I looked pretty good in the low 160s. I'm still there.

The other "resolution" I make every year is to keep writing in my BLOG. I know I don't have a big readership but it is so cathartic for me because it makes me think. I feel good having to think of something to write about every day.
   Recording my "stats" every day keeps me "on the ball" to not get lazy.

   And including a QUOTE inspires me - I think about my QUOTES a lot. I have two     QUOTE books and they are really inspiring - some are from Guideposts.

    Plus, I enjoy going back and reading my "posts" from the last couple of years.

The HUMOR section is good for my psyche.

HUMOR for today: The   Japanese eat little fat and the Mexicans eat a lot of fat but they both have fewer heart attacks than Americans. The Chinese drink little red wine and the Italians drink a lot of red wine and both have fewer heart attacks than Americans. The Germans drink a lot of beer and lots of suasages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans. So eat and drink what you like. Speaking english is appaarently what kills you.

No comments:

Post a Comment