Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,332. I'm going back to work.

Today is Saturday, December 22, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercisr ball and 45 mnutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a December total of 45.0 miles. My weight dropped to 161.8 pounds.

QUOTE from Benjamin Franklin: "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

My THOUGHTS today: After reading Wayne LaPierre's (the head of the NRA) comments about what should be done about gun violence in our schools I about vomited. His answer is to put more guns in our schools by having armed guards in every American school, all 99,000 of them, at a cost of $7.9 billion a year. He did not say one word about restricting military assualt weapons or high-capacity ammunition clips out of the hands of any American, except the mentally reranged. He also is proposing a creation of "school security forces"  that will that would be made up of volunteers - such as retired firefighters, police and military personnel. Maybe they would even hire retired tesachers. Doesn't that sound like a wonderful job for a guy like me? I think I'll apply and see what happens. My biggest problem is I'd most likely be working with a bunch of right-wing conservatives nuts. On second thought, I'm going to forget it.

My last thought about Mr., LaPierre:  Like Ben Franklin said in his quote a person has to work really hard to remain stupid - LaPierre has done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment