Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pete BLOG-Day 26,318. #36-50 of Thanksgiving Story Starters.

Today is Saturday, December 8, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a December total of 17.2 miles. My weight was 163.6 pounds.
QUOTE from Rachel Chabon: "Never worry about what you are escaping from. Reserve your anxieties for what you are escaping to." (this is so true)

My THOUGHTS today are #36-50 of the 50 Thanksgiving Story Starters.

#36-40. Juicy Secrets.
#36. If I could marry a celebrity it would be___. Pete says: It would be Karen Finney, a political contributor to MSNBC.
#37. Once, I was really embarassed when___. Pete says: In my first year of teaching my zipper was halfway down and the kids noticed it.
#38. I think my best feature is my___. Pete says: My ablility to listen to people and not interrupt them. (However, I slip up sometimes when I'm talking politics.)
#39. A secret I wish I hadn't kept is___. Pete says: Someone I know stepping out on his wife.
#40. I am secretly proud that I can___. Pete says: Maintain my daily workout routine

#41-45. Talkin' Turkey.
#41. The troublemaker of the family was___. Pete says: According to brothers John and Chuck I was the troublemaker. John was two years younger and Chuck four years older.
#42. One time I got in hot water when___. Pete says: When I lied to my Dad.
#43. But I didn't get caught when___. Pete says: I pushed the pick-up out of the driveway in our Chatfield home and took it for a drive at night.
#44. One time I got scared when___. Pete says: When I was walking through the cemetery  I noticed two cars parked about 30-40 yards ahead of me. It was 6AM in the morning and I thought I had walked into the middle of a drug deal. I turned around and walked the other way.
#45. I'll always regret___. Pete says: Being a smart aleck in 8th grade at home, in church and school.

#46-50. Bragging a Little.
#46. Our family claim to fame is ___. Pete says: Having a mountain in Norway named "Bungum Mountain."
#47. Once I won a contest when___. Pete says: I do not recall winning any contests.
#48. My proudest moment was___. Pete says: When I was chosen Teacher of the Year by my colleagues in 1974.
#49. My favorite thing about people is___.  Pete says: People who ask questions and listen when I answer.
#50. Something I hope people like about me is ___. Pete says: That I'll listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment