Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,328. Electoral College is not neededd

Today is Tuesday, December 18. 2012. It is one day after my brother John's 70th birthday. My stats for today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a December total of 37.3 miles, My weight was 163 pounds.

My inspirational QUOTE from Max Lucado's book Max on Life. "Prayer pushes us through life's slumps, propels us over the humps and pulls us out of the dumps. Prayer is the oomph we need to get the answers we seek."

My THOUGHTS today. I chose the above QUOTE because it is so fitting for those grieving in Connecticut. Prayer is about all that can help them at this point.

My other thought today has to do with the Electoral College. The electors cast their votes yesterday for president and vice-president in their respective state capitols.  Of course, Obama amd Biden won the vote by a large margin. When you think about it those 535 elctors really elect the president and vice-president thanks to the Founding Fathers who wrote it into the constitution they wrote in 1787. All our vote does is determine if the Republican or Democratic electors will be casting the electoral vote. It depends on whether the Democratic or Republican candidate got the most popular votes in that state. My wish is thast we could do away with the Electoral College. Four times in our history the electors have chosen the candidate with the lesser of the popular vote to be president. The latest was in 2000 when Al Gore got over half a million more votes than George W. Bush. It needs to go in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment