Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,322. Today is a historic day.

Today is Wednesday, it is December 12, 2012 - in other words it is 12/12/12. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a December total of 24.8 miles. My weight was 162.2 pounds.

Quote from Guideposts Magazine by Mildred Henderson of Lancaster, PA.: "When buttoning up his sweater, Mr. Rogers commented that his mother had taught him to start with the bottom button, saying, 'If you start out right at the bottom, you come out right on top.' That can be taken figuratively too."

My THOUGHTS  today.  Today is a special day in the 21st century because there won't be another 12/12/12 for 100 years. The next 12/12/12 will be in the 22nd century in the year 2112. I and everybody else I know will never write 12/12/12 again  (unless they are a Methusaelah),

I LEARNED when looking up the spelling of Methuselah that not only is it the name of  the Bible's oldest man at 969 years but also means - "a champagne bottle holding 208 ounces, equivalent to eight standard bottles."
What a useful piece of trivia that is. I'll sleep better tonight having learned that today. Ha!!!

HUMOR today for Senior Citizens: It is easier to get older than it is get wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment