Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,315. #11-15 of the Thanksgiving Story Starters

Today is Wednesday, December 5, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes lifting weights and 48 minutes of walking = 2.6 miles for a December total of 9.6 miles. My weight was 164.2 pounds.

QUOTE from B.B. King: "The beautiful thing about learning iis that nobody can take it away from you."

My THOUGHTS  today: Today I'll list #11-15 of  50 Thanksgiving Story Starters. They are entitled,  "When I Was a Kid."

#11. Something  I wish was still sold in stores is___ . Pete says: Orange Crush soda in the little brown bottles.
#12. The historical moment I remember best is___. Pete says: When I was 9 years old I remember June, 25, 1950, the day the Korean War started when North Korea invaded South Korea. I was afraid my older brothers (Paul and Don) were going to have to go to war.
#13. A famous person who made the biggest impression was___ . Pete says: Harry Truman.
#14. My first music player was a ___ and I liked to listen to ___on it. Pete says: I never had any kind of music player as a kid. My music player was my sister Jan playing the all the popular songs of the late 1940s and early 1950s on the piano.
#15. The first president I remember was ___. Pete says: Harry Truman.

HUMOR for today is about Senior Citizens:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
My wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran.

No comments:

Post a Comment