Monday, December 17, 2012

Pete's bLOG-Day 26,327. Maybe something will be done about gun control.

Today is Monday,December 17, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a December total of 34.8 miles. My weight was 164.2 pounds.

QUOTE from singer Demi Lovato: "I pray every night before I go to sleep and every morning when I wake up."

My THOUGHTS today are about the inter-faith service of healing in Newtown, Connecticut last night. The service was wonderful in that every faith in Newtown had one of their clergy say words of healing to the grieving families and townspeople in the high school auditorium. And that included Jews, Muslims, Bahai, Catholic, Lutheran, Congregational, Methodist, Pentecos and .....   I watched with tears in my eyes as President Obama read the names of the 26 massacred victims. It had to be so meaningful for the people of Newtown to have the President there. He mentioned that the U.S. can do better in protecting our children and adults from this kind of violence. So maybe, just maybe, we'll see something done about gun control

No comments:

Post a Comment