Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,314. More Thankgiving Story Starters.

Today is Tuesday, December 4, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exefcise ball and 41 minutes of walking = 2.2 miles for a December total of 7.0 miles. My weights was 164.0 pounds.

QUOTE from musician Cheryl Crow: "I used to jog every day and call it my 'gratitude run.' I'd make my gratitude list as I ran. I never ran out of things to be grateful for. My knees aren't what they used to be, but I still do my gratitude list every day."

My THOUGHTS today: Last week I listed the first 5 entries from the November, 2011 AARP Bulletin entitled "50 Thanksgiving Story Starters." Today I will list entries 5-10 entitled EARLIEST MEMORIES.

#6. My first pet was____.  Pete: I never had a pet as a kid.
#7. My chores growing up were___.  Pete: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves in the fall, making my bed and shoveling snow. I never took out the garbage but as a teen driver I would deliver the garbage from our nursing home to the town dump on the northeast corner of Chatfield.
#8. My favorite toy was___. Pete: Cap guns which we used to play cowboys and Indians.
#9. My best surprise was____. Pete: Getting a bike when I was 9 years old.
#10. I wanted to grow up to be a ____. Pete: From junior high on I wanted to be a social studies teacher.

HUMOR for today: Kids in back seats cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment